Last update was added on: August 15, 2019
- Added an Object version of the ExcelFileWriter element. Can be used to generate output files with text.
- Updated drivers for Neurobit to version 4.6.
- Fixed resource cleanup in OpenSoundReceiver.
- Fixed a build problem with OpenSoundReceiver.
- Added more debugging info in OpenSoundReceiver.
- Added a new element OpenSoundReceiver. It can receive data from OSC (Open Sound Control) compatible clients.
- Fixed previous version.
- Fixed a bug introduced in previous version.
- Further improvements in ImageDisplay. The alignment/center options are now also effective when image is rescaled with aspect ratio.
- Improved the "Export segment" option behavior in ReportGraph.
- Modified the behavior of the recently added "Fit width" option in TextDisplay and NumericDisplay. Instead of resizing horizontally it now finds a smaller font which fits the width of the chart.
- Added a new "Resize horizontally to fit width" advanced option in TextDisplay and NumericDisplay. It overrides the "Fit width" and resizes the text horizontally (font can be lower quality than with other options).
- Added a new option in ComponentInteractor: "Enabled". Can be used to enable/disable any component like Combo dropdown list.
- Improved pause/resume in Ganglion's driver element.
- Added a new output pin on CustomInteractor element: "File name".
- Added more alignment options in ImageDisplay.
- Added a new option "Fit width" in TextDisplay and NumericDisplay. Caution: this is more processing heavy than other options. Watch processor usage when used with fast changing displays.
- Updated manual about the above "Fit width" option.
- When switching the Designer to/from edit/view mode, the processing is automatically and immediately stopped.
- When opening a nested design dialog, the processing is automatically and immediately stopped.
- Added a new advanced option in Slider: "Knob tail image".
- Updated the BioEra example, so that is uses the above "Knob tail image" on its main slider.
- Added more advanced axis options in Vector2DDisplay, similar to what is available in Oscilloscope advanced options.
- Added MEDIAN option in VectorToScalar element.
- Now when switching the Designer to/from edit mode, the processing is automatically requested to stop.
- ChartLine now works with Vector2DDisplay.
- Added a new advanced property "Grid on top" in Vector2DDisplay.
- Added a new option to ElementInteractor with Properties action: SKIP_REINIT_ALL. If set, then the design is not restarted when property dialog is applyed.
- The "Hide detached dialog on X" option can be now dynamically (from PropertySetter) modified for use with nested charts.
- Driver updates. Corrected Ganglion's signal amplitude.
- Driver updates.
- Further improvements to the behavior when another BioEra instance is already running.
- Added a new system setting: "Second instance behavior" on "Interface" tab. Applicable only when "Allow only one instance" option is selected.
- Added a new system setting: "Default path for NestedDesign file dialog" on "Elements" tab.
- Further improvements to the dialog and options when another BioEra instance is already running.
- Improved how BioEra works with option "Allow only one instance"
- Added a new element: GlobalConnector. It transfers input data out to each element of the same "Global ID" including those in nested designs. Essentially it acts as a global connection.
- Improved "Properties" action in ElementInteractor so that its argument accepts property names which contain square brackets.
- Added new command line option: -utf8. It can help with some non-english characters display correctly on some user interface components like menu items.
- Updated Neurobit driver.
- Driver updates.
- Driver updates.
- Added a new optional jar file in ext folder to classpath: extlibs.jar. It can be used to add custom libraries and java code which will be accessible from ExpressioEvaluator and Customelement elements.
- Added interactive property in MenuListControl: "Menu labels". Same reason as in previous update.
- Added interactive property in MenuItemControl: "Menu labels". It can be used to dynamically modify the menu labels (the main element property can only be used for one time initialization).
- Added a new option in WindowInteractor: "Minimize frame at start".
- Improved CameraImageSource. Added advanced prioperty to allow focus auto calibration. Also added interative properties to get/set focus from the design.
- Stopped supporting Android version of BioEra.
- Added an XDF range warning to the list selected by system setting: "Skip printing some (non essential) warnings on console"
- Modified "Properties" option in ElementInteractor. Now the Properties dialog reinitializes all elements in design on Apply.
- Added option to select a channel in Midi element.
- Fixed a bug in Slider. Slider value modified by a keyboard event was not remembered.
- Fixed a bug in Generator. "Gradual OFF time" option was not effective.
- Improved BioEra exiting. Before this change, some elements like WMVideoFilePlayer could cause it to hang at exit.
- Improved GainInteractor to cooperate with DoubleFloat vector elements.
- Added a new option in WindowInteractor: "Maximized on monitor [1-n]"
- Added a new option in Timer: "Higher precision". When set, the next trigger time is measured from the last expected trigger time, not from the actual time (which can be slightly delayed), which should make it more precise for long time series.
- Fixed a bug in DesignInfo element.
- Added 2 warnings to non-essential list (configurable in system settings): "Incompatible pipes" connecting to PropertyGetter/Setter and "Fake input buffer".
- Driver updates.
- Driver updates.
- Fixed a bug in float version of BarDisplay2
- Improved using 'Alt' on elements properties. Pressing 'Alt' no longer changes the tab or currently edited property panel.
- Fixed a bug in the float version of BarDisplay2. Output values are not rounded to full integers any more.
- Driver updates.
- Improved Vector3DDisplay so that it initializes faster and handles better some edge cases.
- Fixed a bug in PN_Wiz element. The setup dialogue was not showing up when the element was accessed in the DeviceSet.
- Improved Brightness option in ImageTransform and ImageSequencer, so that they can process transparent images.
- Added 2 new inputs in RouteGame element: Animation [ms] and Velocity [ms]. They can be used to dynamically change animation and movement speed (equivalent to using properties).
- Added initial support for a new BLE device: LightBlue.
- Added new system setting: "Skip printing some (non essential) warnings on console". If selected, then some warnings are not printed. For example: "chart not yet initialized in element"
- Fixed a bug introduced recently in 4.028, when clicking on X on Runtime window was not exiting BioEra.
- Reverted the last change in ScalarsToVector (restored back to 4.028).
- Improved how ScalarsToVector autoconnects all inputs.
- Added a new system setting on "Interface" tab: "Pressing X on Runtime frame only sends event to WindowInteractor". If set then 'X' button doesn't exit BioEra.
- One the recent Windows updates broke VideoFilePlayer (showing black window during playback). Fixed it by adding an extra initialization at start.
- Improved element ScalarsToVector and FloatsToVector, so that it can create vector field desctiptions form upstream element's output names.
- Added a new option in ScalarsToVector and FloatsToVector: Auto connect all inputs. If selected, then all dynamic inputs will be connected automatically.
- Improved Oscilloscope and Polygraph. So that their charts preserve their data after chart (or Runtime window) resize.
- Improved ImageDisplay, so that it paints the last received image after chart (or Runtime window) resize.
- Added support for a new device: Ganglion.
- Added a new advanced option in SerialPort allowing to select a COM port by its name (showing in DeviceManager).
- Driver updates.
- Fixed a bug introduced in previous version, some primitive array properties were not being restored correctly.
- Optimized how primitive arrays of numbers are stored in a BioEra design file. So that they process faster and take less space.
- Optimized a little how a design is being saved. It might load a little faster after it is saved with version 4.020.
- Added option "Previous location visible on desktop" for Designer and Runtime windows, so that they can be positioned (and restored) on the full desktop, not just the primary monitor.
- Improved BarDisplay, so that it shows bar levels after a reinit of the chart
- Added a new element: LSLAcquisition. It allows to receive data from LSL sources like OpenVibe's acquisition server.
- Improved Counter2, so that it outputs 0 when no input samples arrive (before this change the last counted value was being sent out).
- Added a new command line option: -dpiaware. When set, then BioEra frames/windows will not be scaled by Windows.
- Added new option in TextDisplay: "Multiline". If selected, and contains "\n" text line separator, then input text will be displayed in separate lines.
- Implemented "Switch to Runtime X" options executed from SystemInteractor on Windows.
- Improved export option in ReportGraph.
- Added ImageDisplay2, which is simpler than ImageDisplay but faster (should be used for Video and Camera preview).
- Fixed a bug in BioEra designer
- Increased maximum size of an image from 2048 to 2160 to support 4k monitors.
- Improved using DoubleFloat elements in nested designs.
- Added more info about the element in the warning message "chart is not yet initialized".
- Improved CameraImageSource's stability.
- Fixed broken version 4.007
- Improved annotation display refresh in ReportGraph.
- Further improved ReportGraph, so that it correctly exports annotations after data has been edited (deleted using "Delete segment" option).
- ReportGraph now automatically refreshes after chart has been resized.
- Added a new output in WindowInteractor: "Closing". It sends out TRUE, when the "X" button is pressed on the target window.
- Added a new command line option: -xdfinfo . It prints on the console a short info about the without starting BioEra.
- Improved 'Export segment' option in ReportGraph. Now it also exports segments which have been edited (with "Delete segment" function).
- Added a keyboard shortcut in ReportGraph to allow deleting current segment: 'Del' (equivalent to menu option 'Delete segment')
- 'Export segment' in ReportGraph is now also possible for the full recording (before, a smaller fragment had to be selected), this doesn't include annotations.
- BioEra.exe now can be executed also from other directory than where it was installed (it is not recommented though).
- Added new option in ReportTable: "Export to Excel file" activated when right mouse button clicked on the table.
- Improved CameraImageSource so that the time of the last video frame is retrieved at stop. That can help with more precise synchronization between Video and EEG capture.
- Fixed CameraImageSource when started with -jre8_64 option.
- Fixed startup.cfg file functionality (alternative to command line options).
- Fixed PCMAudioPlayer when started with -jre8_64 option.
- Added new command line option: -jre8, it uses the latest java 8 32 bit to run bioera.
- Added new command line option: -jre8_64, it uses the latest java 8 64 bit to run bioera. See manual for more details about its limitations.